Are you ready to join me for another year of Reading 52 Books in 52 Weeks? The rules are quite simple. How you get there is up to you. Whether you are a monogamous reader or like to dip into multiple books at a time, love diving into chunky books or sailing along with a beach read, submerging yourself in a classic or weighing anchor with those dusty books gathering dust on your shelves, it all averages out in the end. The goal is to read 52 Books.
We're going to sail around the world this year, starting off East of the Prime Meridian for the first half of the year, criss-crossing the oceans and seas, visiting various ports of call. We have several author readalongs planned for the year from E.M. Forster's A Passage to India, to Charles Darwin's Voyage of the Beagle, to Dante's Paradiso as well as revisiting Moby Dick and various adaptations of the story both fiction and non fiction. We'll continue with Susan Wise Bauer's History series with our year long read of History of the Renaissance World. Check out Monthly Themes and Readalong for more information
A to Z Challenge: Challenge yourself to read books alphabetically by Title and/or by Author or both. Have fun searching out those difficult letters.
Dusty Mini challenge: Limit buying new books for 1 - 4 months and/or read 4 to 12 or more books gathering dust on your shelves prior to 2016.
Chunky Mini Challenge - books more than 500 pages.
Well Educated Mind: Continuing exploring the classics in 5 categories: Fiction, Autobiography, History/Politics, Drama and Poetry. Susan Wise Bauer's 2015 revised version includes a new category of Science to explore.
All the challenges and readalongs are optional. Mix it up anyway you like.
- The challenge will run from January 1, 2016 through December 31, 2016.
- Our book weeks begin on Sunday.
- Participants may join at any time.
- All books are acceptable except children books.
- All forms of books are acceptable including e-books, audio books, etc.
- Re-reads are acceptable as long as they are read after January 1, 2016..
- Books may overlap other challenges.
- Create an entry post linking to this blog.
- Sign up with Mr. Linky in the "I'm participating post" below this post.
- You don't need a blog to participate. Post your weekly book in the comments section of each weekly post.
- Mr. Linky will be added to the bottom of the weekly post to link to reviews of your most current reads.