Happy February, my lovelies. Continuing our year long celebration of librarians, this month's fictional librarian is Aurora Teagarden. Created by Charlaine Harris, the cozy mystery series stars Aurora, a small town librarian in Lawrenceville, Georgia. She is involved in the Real Murders society, a group of crime buffs who love to study and discuss historical murders.
There are a variety of ways to complete this challenge with plenty of rabbit trails. Read a book with one or more of the following (but not limited to) and have fun exploring:
- Spell out the first and/or last name of the character's name - one book per letter from the title on the cover
- Spell out the first and/or last name of the author - one book per letter
- Read one or more books in the series.
- Read any book written by the author
- Follow in a character's footsteps and read a book set in the country or time period of the story.
- Follow in the author's footsteps and read a book set in their place or time of birth.
- Read a book with the first or last name of the character or author in the title
The series was also adapted into a tv series for Hallmark with Candace Cameron Bure portraying Aurora Teagarden. Charlaine Harris is best known for her Sookie Stackhouse series and has written other series including Lily Bard Shakespeare, Harper Connelly, Midnight Texas, and her latest Gunnie Rose.
Count of Monte Cristo readalong:
- I Marseille - Arrival
- II Father and Son
- III The Catalans