2014 52 Books in 52 Weeks
Are you ready for another round of Reading 52 books in 52 Weeks? Whether you are just joining in or continuing on for another round, the rules are very simple. The goal is to read one book (at least) a week for 52 weeks. Make the year easy and casual or kick it up by exploring new to you authors and genres. Challenge yourself to read at least some classics or delve into that chunkster (more than 500 pages) you always wanted to tackle. Do you have books gathering dust on the shelves just waiting to be read? Then now is the time. The goal is to read 52 books. How you get there is up to you.
I have included several mini challenges to make it fun:
Read Around the World: You can read books set in and/or written by an author of a different country each week. You can hang out in one country, exploring their history and culture or strike out across the world, mixing and mingling. It's entirely up to you how fast and how far and how many books you want to read. Have fun exploring!
Nobel Prize Winners in Literature: read books written by winning authors
Well Educated Mind: Continuing exploring the classics in 5 categories: Fiction, Autobiography, History/Politics, Drama and Poetry.
52 BaW Reader Recommendations: Read books recommended by participants in 2013
Dusty Mini challenge: Limit buying new books for 1 - 4 months and read 4 to 12 or more books gathering dust on your shelves prior to 2013.
Chunky Mini Challenge -books more than 500 pages.
The mini challenges and weekly challenges are optional, Mix it up anyway you like.
- The challenge will run from January 1, 2014 through December 31, 2014.
- Our book weeks begin on Sunday.
- Participants may join at any time.
- All books are acceptable except children books.
- All forms of books are acceptable including e-books, audio books, etc.
- Re-reads are acceptable as long as they are read after January 1, 2013.
- Books may overlap other challenges.
- Create an entry post linking to this blog.
- Sign up with Mr. Linky in the "I'm participating post" below this post.
- You don't need a blog to participate. Post your weekly book in the comments section of each weekly post.
- Mr. Linky will be added to the bottom of the weekly post to link to reviews of your most current reads.