It's official - Winter has arrived. Wishing you a Very Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Los Posadas or Happy Winter solstice. Which also means it is time for our year end wrap up. This year went by way too fast in my opinion, was a bit more stressful than normal and I'm ready to relax for the next couple weeks, getting cozy on the couch with some good books. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's year end list of reads, which is sure to expand our wish lists and cause our already teetering TBR piles to grow exponentially.
- How many books did you read and did you meet or beat your own personal goal?
- What are your top 5 (or more) favorite stories? Top 5 least favorites?
- One book you thought you would never read and was pleasantly surprised you liked it?
- Most thrilling unputdownable book?
- Did you come across a story that you enjoyed it so much, you turned around and read it again or plan on rereading it again in 2014?
- One book you thought you would love, but didn't?
- Which book or books had the greatest impact on you this year?
- Do you have a favorite cover or quote from a story you'd like to share?
- What book would you recommend everyone read?
- What was your most favorite part of the challenge? Did you do any of the mini challenges?
Thank you to everyone who joined me in this reading journey this year and congratulations! Reading to me is as necessary as breathing. It doesn't matter how fast or how slow you read or whether you are reading classics or contemporary books, the most important thing about the whole challenge is reading. I'm happy to have shared the experience with all of you. I'm looking forward to hearing about everyone's reading year and to more fun in the coming new year.
**********************************************************************Link to your reviews or year end wrap up posts: Please link to your specific book review post and not your general blog link. In the Your Name field, type in your name and the name of the book in parenthesis. In the Your URL field leave a link to your specific post. If you don't have a blog, tell us about the books you are reading in the comment section of this post.
And thanks so very, very much for hosting this challenge! You have truly impacted my life. :)ReplyDelete
My pleasure. Have fun in 2014!Delete
Thank you for hosting and sharing in 2013. Happy New Year.ReplyDelete
It has been a pleasure! Happy New Year!Delete
bummed that the link up closed before the New Year. I had my post scheduled for today.. Here is my link to my 2013 Wrap Up.. http://ladybug-chronicles.blogspot.com/2014/01/52-books-in-52-weeks-wrap-up.htmlReplyDelete
You can add it to the new post! Will be by your blog soon!Delete
I only made it to 27 books this year, but being a full-time mommy to a two-year-old as well as a part-time freelancer, I am happy with that number. I hope I get back to my 52 book goal in 2014. Here is my wrap up for 2013.ReplyDelete