Book A Week in 2009: Week 23 - Book 24
Today is the start of Week 23 in the quest to read 52 books in 52 weeks and should have you starting book # 24.Which means we are almost halfway towards our goal of reading 52 books for the year.
There are so many interesting lists out there to pick books from. I recently discovered the New York Times Best Seller Lists from the 1950's until the present.
Here is the list for June 11, 1950
- THE CARDINAL by Henry Morton Robinson
- THE WALL by John Hersey.
- STAR MONEY by Kathleen Winsor.
- JUBILEE TRAIL by Gwen Bristow
- THE EGYPTIAN by Mika Waltari
- WAIT FOR TOMORROW by Robert Wilder
- THE PLYMOUTH ADVENTURE by Ernest Gebler
- HOMEWARD BORNE by Ruth Chatterton
- SLEEP TILL NOON by Max Shulman
- THE BIZARRE SISTERS by Jay Walz
- THE HORSE'S MOUTH, by Joyce Cary
- THE TOWN by Conrad Richter
- MAIN LINE by Livingston Biddle
- THE FEAST by Margaret Kennedy
- THE OTHER FATHER by Laura Z. Hobson
- THE PARASITES by Daphne du Maurier
Time to go on a treasure hunt and see how many books on the list you can find. Good Luck.
Post a Comment
Thank you for your kind comments.