Today we celebrate the March equinox, welcoming Spring or Autumn, depending on where you are in the world. Both seasons have something in common - nature's showcase of beautiful colors, bright and bold as well as rich and warm. So let's dive into the season with our Spring / Autumn Reading Fling.
- Read a book with flowers or leaves on the cover.
- Read a book with the colors of spring or autumn on the cover
- Read a book with Spring or Autumn in the title
- Read a book about a Spring or Autumn Fling. (oh la la)
- Read a book about life beginning.
- Read a book about rebirth.
- Read a book about life changing.
- Read a book about wine or with wine on the cover
- Read a book with any of the words from the poem below on the cover
Spring And Autumn.
Every season hath its pleasures;
Spring may boast her flowery prime,
Yet the vineyard's ruby treasures
Brighten Autumn's soberer time.
So Life's year begins and closes;
Days tho' shortening still can shine;
What tho' youth gave love and roses,
Age still leaves us friends and wine.
Phillis, when she might have caught me,
All the Spring looked coy and shy,
Yet herself in Autumn sought me,
When the flowers were all gone by.
Ah, too late;--she found her lover
Calm and free beneath his vine,
Drinking to the Spring-time over,
In his best autumnal wine.
Thus may we, as years are flying,
To their flight our pleasures suit,
Nor regret the blossoms dying,
While we still may taste the fruit,
Oh, while days like this are ours,
Where's the lip that dares repine?
Spring may take our loves and flowers,
So Autumn leaves us friends and wine.
A to Z and Back again - Our letter and word of the week are L and Life
Please share your book thoughts reviews and link to your website, blog, Goodreads, Google+, Tumblers, or Instagram page. If you do not have a social media account, please leave a comment to let us know what you are reading. The link widget closes at the end of each book week.
In the Your Name field, type in your name and the name of the book in parenthesis. In the Your URL field paste a link to your post, then check the privacy box and click enter.