Happy Sunday, my dears! We're weighing anchor and taking a short flight to Dove Pond, North Carolina to join our fictional librarian of the month, Sarah Dove, created by Karen Hawkins. Books have talked to Sarah for as long as she can remember. For the residents of Dove Pond, they are mystified when Sarah gives them a book to read, which turn out to be just what they needed to read to solve a problem. The Dove family has 7 daughters and the first two books in the series, The Book Charmer and A Cup of Silver Linings are both great reads. I'm looking forward to the next book in the series, The Lost Book of Cakes which will be out sometime in 2022. Karen Hawkins booklist also includes several historical romance series.
Read a book with one or more of the following (but not limited to) and have fun exploring:
- Spell out the first and/or last name of the character's name - one book per letter from the title on the cover.
- Spell out the first and/or last name of the author - one book per letter.
- Read one or more books in the series or any book in the author's booklist.
- Follow in a character's footsteps and read a book set in the country or time period of the story.
- Follow in the author's footsteps and read a book set in their place or time of birth.
- Read a book with the first or last name of the character or author in the title.
Have fun as there are a variety of ways to complete this challenge with plenty of rabbit trails.
Please share your book reviews and link to your website, blog, Goodreads, Google+, Tumblers, or Instagram page. If you do not have a social media account, please leave a comment to let us know what you are reading. The link widget closes at the end of each book week.
In the Your Name field, type in your name and the name of the book in parenthesis. In the Your URL field paste a link to your post, then check the privacy box and click enter.
Post a Comment
Thank you for your kind comments.