The year is almost over and our cups may be running low, but they aren't empty yet. Now's the time to brew another pot of words to fill them up again. So gather all the ingredients you need to make a whole new batch. Fill your carafe with a mix of history, science fiction, math, romance, essays, mysteries, art, and folklore. Spice it up with a little bit of myth, accompanied by a splash of adventure. And while you wait for your books to brew, let's take a moment to reflect.
Tell us about your reading year? What were your goals this year? Did you have a plan, and/or follow rabbit trails or just wing it?
- How many books did you read?
- Which were your favorite stories and which ones had the biggest impact on you.
- Which one made you giggle, weep, dance, or sing?
- Made you want to dive in and live in their world?
- Which book would you like to revisit?
- One book you thought you would love, but didn't?
- Which book would you recommend everyone read?
- Did you discover any new to authors or genres?
- Share your thoughts, opinions, reading stats, favorite characters, covers or quotes.
As Stephen King says "Books are a uniquely portable magic," and I hope your reads inspired and enlightened, transformed and transported you, and filled your life with knowledge, imagination, and pleasure. Thank you for joining me in another reading adventure and I'm looking forward to more bookish adventures. Cheers to a happy reading new year!
Link to your reviews. In the Your Name field, type in your name and the name of the book in parenthesis. In the Your URL field paste a link to your post, then check the privacy box and click enter. If you don't have a blog, leave a comment telling us what you have been reading.