|Courtesy of Lauren Conrad|
Are you ready to join me for another round of reading 52 Books in 52 Weeks? The rules are quite simple and how you get there is entirely up to you. It's going to be a gem of a year as we excavate for new as well as old reads. Whether you like unearthing one book at a time or scooping up multiple books, burrowing in with a classic, digging into a chunky read or shining up one of those dusty books from your shelves, it all averages out in the end. The goal is to read 52 Books.
In the past few years, we've been across and around the world by foot, car, train, plane and sea. To aid us in our journey this year, we'll be digging deep to discover the jewels of our reading world. We have a variety of challenges to assist with our reading voyage this year including another round of 52 Books Bingo.
Birthstone Bookology Reading adventure which will take us around the world and through different time periods from the ancients to the present. You can go a variety of directions with this challenge. Read a book for each letter in the birthstone of the month. Read a book with the birthstone or the color of the birthstone in the title. Find a book set in the time period or setting where the birthstone was discovered and/or mined.
Dusty Mini challenge: Limit buying new books for 1 - 4 months and/or read 4 to 12 or more books gathering dust on your shelves prior to 2016.
Chunky Mini Challenge - books more than 500 pages.
Well Educated Mind: Continuing exploring the classics in 6 categories: Fiction, Autobiography, History/Politics, Drama, Poetry and Science.
Plus we'll be doing a year long readalong of Susan Wise Bauer's The Story of Western Science as well as another round of 52 Books Bingo.
The mini, weekly and monthly challenges are optional, Mix it up anyway you like.
- The challenge will run from January 1, 2017 through December 31, 2017.
- Our book weeks begin on Sunday.
- Participants may join at any time.
- All books are acceptable except children books.
- All forms of books are acceptable including e-books, audio books, etc.
- Re-reads are acceptable as long as they are read after January 1, 2017.
- Books may overlap other challenges.
- Create an entry post linking to this blog.
- Sign up with Mr. Linky in the "I'm participating post" below this post.
- You don't need a blog to participate. Post your weekly book in the comments section of each weekly post.
- Mr. Linky will be added to the bottom of the weekly post to link to reviews of your most current reads.