Are you ready for another round of Reading 52 books in 52 Weeks? Whether you are just joining in or continuing on for another round, the rules are very simple. The goal is to read one book (at least) a week for 52 weeks. Make the year easy and casual or kick it up by exploring new to you authors and genres. Challenge yourself to read at least some classics or delve into that chunkster (more than 500 pages) you always wanted to tackle. The goal is to read 52 books. How you get there is up to you.
Since this is our 5th year, I challenge you to a 5/5/5 challenge. Read 5 books in 5 Categories and/or 5 Genres. I have several mini challenges to make it fun:
A to Z challenge: Read books alphabetically by title and/or author.
Canadian Mini Challenge - read non fiction or fiction authors
C.S. Lewis: Read the works of C.S. Lewis
Chunky Mini Challenge -books more than 500 pages
Dusty Mini challenge: Limit buying new books for 1 - 4 months and read 4 to 12 or more books gathering dust on your shelves prior to 2013.
Inspiration Reading Project - Faith based or the Classics.
Mind Voyages: Explore the Hugo and Nebula winners, take side trips through the different decades reading the nominees.
Well Educated Mind: Explore the classics in five categories: Fiction, Autobiography, History/Politics, Drama and Poetry.
The mini challenges and weekly challenges are optional, Mix it up anyway you like.
- The challenge will run from January 1, 2013 through December 31, 2013.
- Our book weeks begin on Sunday.
- Participants may join at any time.
- All books are acceptable except children books.
- All forms of books are acceptable including e-books, audio books, etc.
- Re-reads are acceptable as long as they are read after January 1, 2013.
- Books may overlap other challenges.
- Create an entry post linking to this blog.
- Sign up with Mr. Linky in the "I'm participating post" below this post.
- You don't have a blog to participate. Post your weekly book in the comments section of each weekly post.
- Mr. Linky will be added to the bottom of the weekly post for you to link to reviews of your most current reads.