Happy Independence Day. Our fictional librarian for July is Israel Armstrong, created by Ian Sansom. We are journeying along with Israel to the fictional town of Tumdrum in Northern Ireland. He has taken the job of librarian only to discover the library has been replaced with a mobile library in The Case of the Missing Books.
There are a variety of ways to complete this challenge with plenty of rabbit trails. Read a book with one or more of the following (but not limited to) and have fun exploring:
- Spell out the first and/or last name of the character's name - one book per letter from the title on the cover.
- Spell out the first and/or last name of the author - one book per letter.
- Read one or more books in the series.
- Read any book written by the author.
- Follow in a character's footsteps and read a book set in the country or time period of the story.
- Follow in the author's footsteps and read a book set in their place or time of birth.
- Read a book with the first or last name of the character or author in the title.