Welcome to the 2013 Read 52 Books in 52 Week Challenge
Also the home of the Mind Voyages, Well Educated Mind, Inspiration Reading Project and various mini challenges.
The rules are very simple and the goal is to read one book (at least) a week for 52 weeks.
- The challenge will run from January 1, 2013 through December 31, 2013.
- Our book weeks will begin on Sunday
- Participants may join at any time.
- All books are acceptable except children books.**
- All forms of books are acceptable including e-books, audio books, etc.
- Re-reads are acceptable as long as they are read after January 1, 2013.
- Books may overlap other challenges.
- Create an entry post linking to this blog.
- Come back and sign up with Mr. Linky in the "I'm participating post" below this post.
- You don't have a blog to participate. Post your weekly book in the comments section of each weekly post.
- Mr. Linky will be added to the bottom of the weekly post for you to link to reviews of your most current reads.
**in reference to children books. If it is a child whose reading it and involved in the challenge, then that's okay. If an adult is doing read aloud with kids, the book should be geared for the 9 - 12 age group and above and over 100 pages. If adult reading for own enjoyment, then a good rule of thumb to go by "is there some complexity to the story or is it too simple?" If it's too simple, then doesn't count.
Happy New Year!ReplyDelete
Ready for 2013 books reads!ReplyDelete
I'm so glad I found this page. I just finished my last book of 2012 (Lasher - Anne Rice) and starting on the 52/52 of '13 with Maya Angelou - Wouldn't Take Nothing for My Journey Now.ReplyDelete
Found this challenge through the Create With Joy blog. I've just signed myself up for it and have posted on my blog. Now I'm off in search of the Linky thingie. :O)ReplyDelete
Another year and I'm up for the challenge again :) Hope this year turns out to be a brilliant year for you Robin :)ReplyDelete
Currently reading Shadows of Forgotten Ancestors by Carl Sagan and Ann Druyan.ReplyDelete
Attempting to remember all that I've read so far this year:
Animal Farm by Orwell
1984 by Orwell
A Universe From Nothing by Lawrence Krauss
Letter to a Christian Nation by Sam Harris
Tom Sawyer by Twain
This Side of Paradise by Scott Fitzgerald
God is Not Great by Christopher Hitchens
Varieties of Scientific Experience by Carl Sagan
The Enemy by Christopher Hitchens
Lying by Sam Harris
The Monarchy by Christopher Hitchens
A Shattered Life by Dauna Cole (required reading...)
Einstein's Cosmos by Michio Kaku
The Man Who Would Be King by Rudyard Kipling
Slaughterhouse Five by Kurt Vonnegut
The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-exupery
The Missionary Position by Hitchens
Free Will by Sam Harris
Letters From Earth by Twain
Mortality by Hitch
Hitch-22 by Hitch
So about 21..
Just remember I read The Giver as well...it was second rate.Delete
...and The Missionary Position by Hitch. Apologies. Just found out about this challenge so I haven't been keeping track...Delete
Glad you found us. Stop by and comment on current week post and let us know what you are currently reading when you have a chance.Delete