|Nora Roberts - October 10, 2011|
Happy birthday to my favorite author - the diva of romance and romantic suspense Nora Roberts. I discovered her books back in 2007 and fell in lurve. She has written almost 200 novels (complete booklist) including a number of stand alone books as well as series which are all unique and interesting. She writes the type of stories that make you fall in the love with the characters and makes you want to turn right around and read the book over again, when you are done. She also write a futuristic crime novel series called the In Death series under the pseudonym J.D. Robb. There are 33 books (chronological list) in the series (which I've read most of them twice) and I just finished the latest New York to Dallas. And I recently started listening to audio books in the car and am currently listening to Naked In Death which is the very first book in the series. I can sense that listening to the series will keep me busy for quite a while. Besides being a prolific writer, she and her husband own a bookstore in Maine called Turn the Page and also a historic inn called Inn Boosboro with rooms named after literary characters including Eve and Roark from the In Death series. She has a new trilogy named after the Inn Boonsboro and the first book is The Next Always being released on November 1st.
Tidbits from her website:
- Every Nora Roberts and J.D. Robb title released in 2010 hit the New York Times bestseller list. That’s keeping up a streak started in 1999.
- With Treachery in Death (February 2011) Nora will have published 195 full-length novels.
- Nora has written 173 New York Times bestsellers including 27 written as J.D. Robb and one written together with J.D. Robb
- Since her first bestseller in 1991, Nora’s books have spent a total of 879 weeks on the New York Times list…that’s equivalent to more than 16.5 consecutive years of weekly bestsellers.
- Nora’s books have spent a combined 178 weeks at the number one spot on the New York Times bestseller list – that’s more than 3 years.
Once you read one of her books, you'll understand why.
Happy Birthday Nora!
Link to your most current read. Please link to your specific book review post and not your general blog link. In the Your Name field, type in your name and the name of the book in parenthesis. In the Your URL field leave a link to your specific post. If you have multiple reviews, then type in (multi) after your name and link to your general blog url.
If you don't have a blog, tell us about the books you are reading in the comment section of this post.